Wednesday, September 11, 2024

 Hello again! I am so thankful for the opportunity to be a part of the TRAIN Scholarship program for another semester! I had a wonderful learning experience last spring, and am excited to see the new projects and findings this semester! I have applied for 2 different internships, one is with the US Air Force Cyber Command and the other is with the State of Arizona as a cyber security intern. Either opportunity would be an incredible experience for me and my journey into cyberspace! While I await a phone call or email from these internships regarding my acceptance or denial, I have chosen to begin a research project in the lab. I will be studying sponges - I may regret this decision by the end! I have so many things I want to know about them, like how many different types of bacteria live on your kitchen sponge, what the best sanitation method is, and bacteria differences based on washing human dishes or animal dishes. 



Kitchen sponges are hotspots for bacteria. Sanitizing methods like microwaving don't seem to work (zmescience.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Happy Thursday! I am beyond excited to see some 80-degree weather in the forecast for next Friday! This week has been relatively quiet proj...